About the course
To learn more about the trip and register, attend the upcoming information session on:
Tuesday, January 17th, 7-9 pm, GM 303!
Washtenaw Community College
PHO 105: Digital Photography Abroad – 3 credits
May 2 – May 23, 2012
Program Price: $2850
This 3 week course offers students an opportunity to explore digital capture in the beautiful city of Sorrento, Italy and its surrounding environs. Through a series of on-location shoots, lectures, critiques, and digital imaging demonstrations, students will create portfolios of photographs revealing their impressions of southern Italy. Digital workflow issues will be addressed throughout the course and students will develop a systematic approach to editing and archiving their shoots. An online portfolio will be used as an integral part of the course to exhibit current work and publish final portfolios. Basic photographic and computer skills are required. Digital SLR cameras and laptops will be available for use during the course or students may use their own.
Here is a link to the student portfolios from the trip to Sorrento in 2007.
- Digital camera operation
- Shooting on location
- Digital workflow habits
- Editing & archiving shoots
- Photographic image adjustment techniques
- Professional command of digital SLR camera operation.
- Organization and editing of photographs using Adobe Lightroom.
- Ongoing critique of one’s own work and the work of classmates.
- Creation and publication of portfolio websites.